Friday 20 January 2012

Auf wiedersehen Deutschland and how I came to Thailand

That’s it. Freiburg is my home now, but it’s time to leave. After a few frustrated attempts to find a job, I choose to go forward with my plan B: work as a volunteer with WWF in Thailand with my friend Topsi. 

It’s all because of social network. A year ago when she got this job, she started posting amazing pictures which I was never sure whether they were from work or holidays. I feel I just started seeing the world, so why not use my savings to learn something completely different, in a completely different country? It wasn’t a hard decision. I’ll be back to the field, this time to work with marine protected areas at the Andaman coast…at the sea, eating genuine Thai food! Though I AM going to miss Kaffe + Kuchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment